A Wind / B Wind definition

A film’s emulsion position.  A film is printed emulsion against emulsion, and because of this any print made against the original is called an A-Wind.  The original from the camera is known as a B-Wind.  These are the only possibilities of the positions because there exist just two sides to a piece of film.  One can tell if he/she is looking at a piece of A-Wind because the image will read correctly, as opposed to the B-Wind side that will read backwards.  If one is going to use the negative from one’s camera, one will need the B-Wind track.